Getting better from an eating disorder is tough, but it’s doable. You just have to develop the patience and strength to conquer the challenges ahead.
A really helpful thing to foster a strong recovery mindset is telling yourself positive encouraging words to keep going on your healing journey.
These are called positive affirmations for eating disorder recovery, and they make a big difference!
This is why we created Love Notes, a podcast on The Recovery Warrior Shows that is all about fostering a mindset that’s resilient and filled with self-love. We believe in the power of small daily steps, and we’re here to remind you that progress is possible, setbacks are normal, and you’re never alone in this journey.
Affirmations for Letting Go of the Eating Disorder Identity
Letting go of your eating disorder identity is like saying goodbye to a part of you that’s been hanging around for a while.
But trust me, it’s a step towards finding your true self and embracing a healthier, happier you.
Here are positive affirmations you can try:
- The voice of my eating disorder does not represent the truth of who I am.
- I am not my eating disorder. My eating disorder does not define me.
- I am learning and growing and loving myself more, every single day.
- My worth has nothing to do with my body size.
My worth has nothing to do with my body size.
- My worth comes from inside of me, and I am inherently worthy.
- I am good enough just as I am. I love and approve of myself.
- Food is not the enemy. It is nurturing and healing.
- I eat for energy and nourishment.
- I deserve not to obsess about food and weight
Affirmations for Trusting the Recovery Process
Trusting the process is having faith in the path you’re on, even when it feels uncertain or tough.
These positive ED recovery affirmations will remind you that it’s okay to trust the journey, trust yourself, and believe in the healing process.
Use the following affirmations for eating disorder recovery:
- I love and approve of myself and trust the process of life. I am safe.
- I easily surrender all worries and anxieties into the healing hands of the Divine.
- It is safe to be me. I am wonderful just as I am. I choose to live. I choose joy and self-acceptance,
- I give myself credit for all the ways I’ve already grown this year.
- The process of recovery may be challenging, but it’s worth it and I know it.
The process of recovery may be challenging, but it’s worth it and I know it.
- I can’t see the outcome of this journey yet, but I can take the next right step.
- Every day, in every way, my life is getting better and better.
Affirmations for Healing Your Relationship to Body
Working on your relationship with your body is like mending a bond with an old friend you haven’t been so kind to lately.
These affirmations for eating disorder recovery will guide you toward a more loving, positive connection with your body.
Because remember, your body is your lifelong companion, and it deserves all the love and care in the world.
Here are affirmations you can try:
- Feelings and thoughts about my body are constantly changing.
- My happiness does not depend on my weight or size.
- My body deserves my love, kindness, and compassion.
- My body is my friend and it cares about me.
- I have the strength, power, and skill to digest whatever comes my way,
- My body is on my side. It works around the clock to keep me alive.
My body is on my side. It works around the clock to keep me alive.
- I don’t need to exercise excessively to deserve food.
- My body is my home, and I’m going to take care of it.
- I respect my body, and I’m going to give it the nourishment that it needs from me.
- Regardless of whether I like or dislike how my body looks, I can still treat myself with respect
- I am more than my body. I am more than my eating disorder.
- A goal weight is an irrelevant number and doesn’t speak of my health.
Affirmations for Believing in Your Ability to Recover and Receive Support
When you’re on the road to recovery from an eating disorder, it’s totally normal to have moments of doubt.
But here’s the scoop: you’ve got the strength to heal, and there’s a whole support system out there ready to lift you up.
These ED recovery affirmations will boost your confidence and remind you that there are people who care and want to help.
- I am strong, fierce and brave.
- Recovery is a choice and I choose to recover.
- I say yes to behaviors that support me in my recovery.
- I believe I can do this. I have everything within me to succeed.
- I am not afraid of making mistakes. They are how I learn and improve.
- Everyday I become stronger and healthier.
- I am doing the best I can and that is enough.
- Believing in myself and my abilities will give me the strength and stability I need to recover.
- People want to help me. It is safe for me to ask for support.
People want to help me. It is safe for me to ask for support.
- I am worthy of love at this very moment. It is safe for me to show who I am.
- I am a loving parent to myself. I am covered with love and approval.
- I easily find myself establishing boundaries that make my life stronger and build more self-trust and confidence.
How to Make Affirmations a Practice
Affirmations are personal and should resonate with you deeply.
They’re like little pep talks from yourself, helping you stay focused on your path to recovery.
Keep at it consistently as this consistency helps them sink in.
What better way to have consistency than to listen to it through LOVE NOTES, your weekly audio affirmations for recovery?
Affirmations, when woven into your daily routines, serve as reminders of your commitment to recovery and self-improvement, helping you stay on course even during challenging times.
Keep pushing forward on your recovery journey: affirmations for eating disorder recovery are your trusty sidekicks, but they work their magic best when you use them regularly and wholeheartedly.
They’re like your personal cheerleaders, confirming your dedication to getting better and becoming the best version of yourself.
And hey, you’re not in this alone!
It’s crucial to have your squad, whether it’s friends, family, or professionals, who get how powerful affirmations can be for eating disorder recovery.
They’ll be there to give you that extra boost and celebrate every step of your progress.