What You’ll Learn from my interview with Anastasia Nevin
- How yoga can be combined with therapy
- The most important thing to look for in a yoga class
- How to get back into yoga if you’ve stopped the practice
- What is ayurveda and how can it help with acceptance
- Lessons from Anastasia’s trip to India
Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know. -Pema Chodron
Favorite Recovery Resource
- 8 Keys to Recovery from an Eating Disorder: Effective Strategies from Therapeutic Practice and Personal Experience by Carolyn Costin
Advice to Former Self
You can be recovered. It’s possible to not have any food issues rather than always being in recovery for the rest of your life. Now being a recovered person where these struggles are not part of my life anymore. I would tell myself that it is actually possible to be completely free from this.
Definition of Recovery according to Anastasia Nevin
Recovery to me is integration. It’s integrating all parts of ourselves; our spirit, our mind, our body, and to live from that place of being whole.
For Your Journey
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye