Dr. Anita Johnston, world renowned author and expert in the field of eating disorders is not only the clinical director of Ai Pono Maui, but she is also a storyteller. Her book Eating in the Light of the Moon: How Women Can Transform Their Relationship to Food Through Myths, Metaphor and Storytelling has had a deep and profound impact on the lives of countless woman around the world. The fact that it is the most recommended resource on The Recovery Warrior Show is a testament to it’s healing and transformative power. Tune in to learn how metaphors can help you conceptualize recovery and it’s many phases and bring more meaning to your life.
Subscribe to The Recovery Warrior Show on iTunes or Stitcher
What You’ll Learn from Anita Johnston
- How metaphors affect our psyche.
- The differences between masculine and feminine energy.
- What are the different phases of recovery from an eating disorder.
- The importance of the Mother archetype and how to cultivate our own inner-mother.
Don’t get stuck looking at the finger pointing at the moon. Look at the moon. -Zen Proverb
Favorite Recovery Resource
Advice to Former Self
In the end everything is going to be okay and if it is not, it is not the end.
Definition of Recovery according to Anita Johnston
Living the life you want without being held back by struggles with eating or weight.
For Your Journey
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye