Eating disorders do not discriminate. They affect all genders, ages and ethnicities. Matt Keck, founder of Cielo House brings his clinical experience to the table in this show and discusses what it is like to be a man going through treatment for an eating disorder. What differences and similarities exist to females that seek treatment? What barriers to treatment do men face? All these questions and more get answered in this episode.
Subscribe to The Recovery Warrior Show on iTunes or Stitcher
You have all that it takes, but it is going to take all that you have. ~Matt Keck
Some questions I ask Matt Keck:
- Are there psychological differences between men and women in the development of eating disorders?
- What barriers to treatment do men face?
- How is treatment different for men?
- What benefits have you seen from introducing males to a predominately female treatment setting?
For Your Journey
- The Mask You Live in Screening: June 6, 2015 (Moss Beach, CA)
- Find professional help on ConnectED
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye