Isabel Foxen Duke knows a thing or two about feeling “crazy” around food. After recovering from a nearly life-long battle with binge eating and yo-yo dieting, she has become a crusader in the body positivity and anti-diet movements. In this episode, Isabel tells us how she transitioned from constantly feeling out of control around food to finally being able to let go completely. Find out how sweet life can be when you stop letting food control you.
Subscribe to The Recovery Warrior Show on iTunes or Spotify
What You’ll Learn from Isabel Foxen Duke
- The role that humor can play in letting go of shame and getting your life back
- How the use of diagnostic terms can sometimes be harmful to recovery
- What is the “Don’t Binge Eat” diet and why it’s not helping your recovery
- How she finally learned to let go of trying to control her food and body
One day at a time
Favorite Recovery Resource from Isabel Foxen Duke
- Health at Every Size – Linda Bacon
- Intuitive Eating – Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
- Food Psych Podcast with Christy Harrison
Advice to Former Self
There’s really nothing to be afraid of and you will think about this differently in the future.
Definition of Recovery
Radical acceptance of my food and my body for what it is. Surrendering to what my body and what my food wants to be. Letting go of trying to control it.
For Your Journey
- Isabel’s FREE video series about overcoming the diet-binge cycle
- Become a certified Diet Recovery Coach
- How to Connect to Your Life Path and Purpose Class
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes