For the past 20 years, Joe Kelly has been writing about, talking about and teaching about fatherhood. He is an expert in supporting and challenging male loved ones to take an active part in the treatment and recovery of their loved one’s with eating disorders. In this show, we talk about recovery from another perspective, that of a male loved one.
Some questions I ask:
- What are the dilemmas men face when they love someone who has an eating disorder?
- What advice do you have for daughters whose father is not being supportive in their recovery?
- What advice do you give to male loved ones who want to support their loved on?
- What is your favorite recovery resource?
- If you could go back in time and talk to your former self when you were struggling most, what would you tell him?
For Your Journey
- Father Hunger by Margo Maine Ph.D.
- Dads & Daughters: How to Inspire, Understand, and Support Your Daughter by Joe Kelly
- The Body Myth: Adult Women & the Pressure to Be Perfect by Margo Maine Ph.D. and Joe Kelly
- Find professional help on ConnectED
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye