Journal Your Way Through Recovery with Katie Dalebout
What You’ll Learn from Katie Dalebout
- When is the best time to journal
- What are the benefits of having a journal practice
- The idea behind loving discipline
- How to foster gratitude in your daily life
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be. -Kurt Vonnegut
Favorite Recovery Resource
- Recovery Warriors
- Isabel Foxen Duke
Advice to Former Self
You have to go through this and it is really hard, but make art about this. Remember your experience and make art about it. Share about it. Talk about it. And, it’s going to be ok.
Being able to go out and eat with friends and not judging the situation.
Definition of Recovery according to Katie Dalebout
Knowing that it’s a path. Knowing that it’s imperfect. Knowing that as long as you stay in the present moment it’s going to be okay and listening to your intuition.
For Your Journey
- Let it Out: A Journey Through Journaling
- Find professional help through Recovery Warriors Help Finder
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye