Kristie Amadio is no stranger to the perils of seeking recovery from an eating disorder. After facing discouragement and struggle trying to find professional treatment in Australia and New Zealand, Kristie traveled to the States for 7 months of residential treatment. Kristie continued her early recovery journey with the help of an online therapist and dietician; little did she know that this experience would be the spark that helped her create Recovered Living. As the founder and CEO of this innovative and groundbreaking Eating Recovery Coach platform, Kristie now helps clients by providing practical services tailored to each individuals needs.
What You’ll Learn from Kristie Amadio
- What the difference is between a therapist and an Eating Recovery Coach
- Why recovery may initially be harder than you think, but incredibly worth it
- How the support of an Eating Recovery Coach can help you build a solid foundation
- What the “one year” rule is and how it can help you feel like recovery is more attainable
- How to be your own advocate and start the journey of recovery even if you live in a remote location
Kristie Amadio’s Favorite Quote
With addiction, you can figure out how to lock the tiger in its cage and keep it there. With recovery from an eating disorder you have to figure out how to put the tiger on a leash and walk it three times a day. When you’re recovered there is no tiger.
Kristie Amadio’s Favorite Recovery Resource
- 8 Keys to Recovery From an Eating Disorder – Carolyn Costin
Kristie Amadio’s Advice to Former Self
I believe 100% that you can recover. It’s going to be work. but its going to be ok.
Kristie Amadio’s Definition of Recovery
Being recovered is when a person can accept his or her natural body size and shape and no longer has a self destructive relationship with food or exercise. When you’re recovered, food and weight take a proper perspective in your life and what you weigh is not more important than who you are; in fact actual numbers are of little or no importance at all. When recovered you’ll not compromise your health or your soul to look a certain way, wear a certain size, or reach a certain number on the scale. When you are recovered you do not use eating disorder behaviors to deal with, distract from, or cope with other problems.
For Your Journey
- Recovered Living
- Sign up for the FREE 7 Day FoodBodyLove Rally
- Music by JR Patterson at the Voice Collective
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes