Whether you’re in the checkout lane at the grocery store, watching television or talking with friends, it’s hard to go a day without receiving a message about dieting. Diets can be very appealing because they promise a new you, a happy and healthy you. But the reality is diets do not work for many reasons and guest Lauren Fowler shares her experience to why.
Recovery is about practicing courage over time. ~Lauren
What You’ll Learn:
- How diets affect us emotionally, physically and mentally.
- What are the consequences of physical deprivation.
- Why the weight-loss messages the dieting industry and the media promote do not lead to wellness and happiness.
- Ways to start breaking your self-imposed rules and regulations around food and eating.
- If it is possible to stop counting calories.
Loving ourselves through the process of owning our story is the bravest thing we will do. ~Brene Brown
For Your Journey
BOOKS & ARTICLES
- Eating in the Light of the Moon by Anita Johnston PhD
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Suppose to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown
- Rising Strong by Brené Brown
- Guide to Finding Food Freedom by Lauren Fowler
- 3 Ways to Use Intuitive Eating During Recovery by Lauren Fowler
- How to Appreciate Food and Your Body by Lauren Fowler
- Beyond Fuel & Calories: 3 Wonderful Reasons We Eat by Lauren Fowler
- The Psychology of Hunger: The Minnesota Starvation Experiment
- Find professional help on ConnectED
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye
Connect with Lauren