Emily Dickinson once wrote, “Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all”. It’s no surprise that this a favorite quote of McKinley Smith. Because she is one inspirational voice of hope. Tune into this week’s show to listen to her live performance (ah-mazing) and learn what she had to go through in recovery to get back to a healthy self and a happy self.
Subscribe to The Recovery Warrior Show on iTunes or Stitcher
What You’ll Learn from My Interview with McKinley Smith:
- What were the two most important pieces of McKinley’s recovery process.
- When and how to share that you are struggling with an eating disorder to friends and family.
- How music can help in the recovery process (BONUS: McKinley plays her song “Love is Worth Fighting” For live!).
- What an eating disorder prevented her from having in life.
- Why recovery is not a linear path.
For Your Journey
- Fall into Recovery Benefit Concert (Use discount code WARRIOR to receive 30% off gold and platinum tickets!)
- Low Low Low by Heartless Bastards
- Desert Song by Hillsong United
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye