Nikki DuBose is an excellent example of the transformational powers of recovery. A former model turned author, speaker, and mental health advocate she had many experiences navigating the dark side of the modeling industry, while battling abuse, addiction, and various mental health issues (sexual victimization, eating disorders, alcoholism, drugs, depression, suicide attempts, body dysmorphic disorder, PTSD, psychosis). In her debut memoir Washed Away: From Darkness to Light, she intimately shares her process of destruction to regeneration. Tune into this week’s show to hear Nikki candidly talk about her path to healing.
Subscribe to The Recovery Warrior Show on iTunes or Stitcher
Show your support on Patreon #warriorsunite
What You’ll Learn
- A strategy to work with co-occurring conditions
- Why healing is both beautiful and painful at the same time
- The role mentor support can play in recovery
- Spirituality and recovery
- much much more
If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill
Favorite Recovery Resource
- Recovery Warriors 🙂
Advice to Former Self
Don’t give up on yourself. So many people for many reasons cannot see the end of it. You don’t have to see the end of it to keep going.
Commitment to my book launch for Washed Away: Darkness to Light.
Definition of Recovery
Getting to where you can love yourself and not want to hurt yourself.
For Your Journey
- Washed Away: From Darkness to Light by Nikki DuBose (Kindle Version)
- Find professional help through Recovery Warriors Help Finder
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye
Connect with Nikki