Five years ago Temimah Zucker existed in a world of numbers. She meticulously counted everything – calories, bites, meals, steps, pounds, minutes. Today, she lives in a much happier and healthier world. Temimah’s incredible compassion, energy and wisdom pour out of her in this show as she shares all the factors, both intrinsic and extrinsic, that went into her successful recovery.
Some questions I ask Temimah Zucker:
- What do you think it was about the transition to college that was so challenging for you?
- What feelings do you think played a role in perpetuating your eating disorder?
- What is your definition of recovery? Do you believe in full recovery?
- What so you think are the necessary ingredients for recovery from an eating disorder?
- If you could go back in time and talk to your former self when you were struggling most, what would you tell her?
For Your Journey
- Eating disorder support for the Jewish Community
- Temimah’s article in Glamour: Eating Disorders Are More Common Than You Think. Here’s My Story
- Carolyn Costin
- Find professional help on ConnectED
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye