If you are stuck in a rut and can’t stop engaging in eating disorder behaviors do not lose hope! It’s not you it’s your brain! This will make much more sense if you tune into this week’s episode of The Recovery Warrior Show. Guest Travis Stewart gives a great run-down of how behaviors are formed and what steps you can take to rewire your brain and stop letting negative behaviors that have become habits control you.
Some questions I ask Travis Stewart:
- What is the difference between the brain and the mind?
- How is a behavior formed?
- What four steps can someone take to rewire the brain and stop unwanted behaviors?
For Your Journey
- Eating Disorder’s From the Inside Out: Lauren Hill’s TEDxColumbus Talk
- You Are Not Your Brain: The 4-Step Solution for Changing Bad Habits, Ending Unhealthy Thinking, and Taking Control of Your Life by Jeffrey Schwartz
- Travis’ Urge 911 Card
- Drive by Daniel Pink
- Faith based resources at Finding Balance
- Find professional help on ConnectED
- Rise Up + Recover app on Google Play and iTunes
- Music Credit: “Something to Live For” by Mallory Faye